Monday, January 5, 2015

The Young World Review

 

An Alexa Catherine Review On:
The Young World By- Chris Weitz
Important Characters: Jeff- leader of the Washington Square Tribe
Donna, Peter, and Brainbox - members of the tribe and long time friends of Jeff’s
Kath- member of another tribe who the group meets along the way

Plot Overview: In a dystopian world where teens don’t live to be older than 18, Donna and Jeff, followed by their rag-tag group of friends, take an epic journey across the North Eastern US in an attempt to save the world. Along the way they encounter several strangers, tribes of teens, and many tricky situations.

My Review: In all honesty I absolutely loved this book start to finish. The narrators (Jeff and Donna) were hilarious and very interesting.Which kept me intrigued even in the usually boring background information. There were some hints of romance throughout the novel, not enough to be all sappy, but a good amount that kept me guessing if things would work out for the possible couples; I found myself rooting for their success and cringing at their struggles.  A new adventure or conflict faced the characters every chapter and they kept me flipping pages to see what would happen next. I had no trouble relating to the characters, in fact I got quite attached to them. As if the book wasn’t amazing enough as is, there was a major plot twist at the end that was really the cherry on top to a great book. When I finished it I sat in silence for a few minutes just in awe of all the wonder I just read. As far as dystopian society YA books go, this is definitely one of my favorites! I without a doubt recommend it to anyone who wants adventure, humor, romance, and suspense all wrapped up into one book! I’m looking forward to the sequels.

No comments:

Post a Comment